As a CE student, you will complete (80 hours) of online coursework that focuses on core pedagogical approaches and perspectives, followed by placement and the CE Exam.
The three months of part-time studies are comprised of online, on-demand, and asynchronous lessons. You’ll be placed in a cohort with up to fifteen fellow CE students as well as an online mentor, giving you the opportunity to connect during real-time weekly lessons.
Field experiences are also a key part of CE Core Online. They enable you to speak to experienced educators and visit schools, to gain deeper insight into the complexities of pedagogy, the school system, and the workings of the classroom.
CE Core Objectives:
CE has 20 core objectives, as it aims to enlighten teachers regarding:
- Reasons teachers need professional development
- The importance of paying attention to Educational Psychology
- Methods of studying Psychology of Learning
- Stages of Teacher Development
- Educational Psychology and Teacher Growth and Development
- Tasks of Educational Psychology
- Growth and Development
- The Meaning of Individual Differences
- Causes of Individual Differences
- Learning Styles and Cognitive Strengths and Weaknesses
- Learning Styles, Cognitive Skills, and Brain Training
- Elements for Establishing Positive Conditions for Learning
- What’s the demand for 21st century skills?
- Thinking process and its components
- The meaning of higher order thinking
- Managing classrooms effectively
- Universal classroom management strategies
- Guidelines for effective praise
- Elements that influence the learning process
- Meaningful Learning